Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cigarette Review: Winston (red box)

Hello again. Coming to you once again with another cigarette review. Today's review is on Winston cigarettes.

Background Information - Winston cigarettes are manufactured by the RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company in Winston-Salem, NC. The same company that makes Camels, and Pall Malls.

Pack Design - This pack is pretty cool. RJ Reynolds comes up with some pretty cool pack designs. I like how the letters wrap around the pack (not the one in the picture provided). This pack is also special because it's a '2-way box'. You can open it like a hard pack, or soft pack by pulling up the little tab on the top. Pretty cool.

Cigarette Design - Nothing special. Basic cigarette. Basic filter. Says Winston on the tube in black letters.

Flavor - This cigarette has some decent flavor to it. It has a very wood-like taste to it, which is okay. They remind me a lot of a Marlboro Red. The flavor isn't the greatest though and for coming from RJ Reynolds, I can honestly say I was expecting it to be better than what it was. The flavor isn't bad though. It's just very different and a little unusual compared to my regular cigarettes.

Smoothness - This cigarette is about at the halfway point as far as smoothness goes. It advertises smoothness on the pack, but I honestly don't see it. It's not very smooth at all and is actually a bit harsh. Maybe I just got a bad batch. Some cigarettes are like that. Sometimes one pack will taste better and is smoother than the other, even though they are the same kind. It also depends on the time of year you get them, the climate, etc. But as far as smoothness goes, not the greatest and smoothest ever. And just a tad harsh and a bit drying on the mouth and throat.

Duration - What can I say? This is pretty much just a regular lasting cigarette. It will last about 4-7 minutes depending on how tightly you pack them. I like to pack mine very extra tight, so mine usually burn pretty slow.

Price - The price of these cigarettes are decent. They aren't cheap, and are about the same price as my regulars. I paid about $5.65 for these at my local mini-mart. Hell, I remember when I was young and my dad would buy cigarettes (Marlboro Reds) for $1.50 a pack. Literally. But what can you do? Ever since the major crackdown on tobacco companies because of the health risks of smoking in recent years, taxes have reached a ridiculously high amount in hopes that it will get people to quit. Not to mention we might be having pictures of cancerous lungs and cancer patients printed on the packs starting next year. I've sorta drifted off topic, but you get the point.

Overall - Decent cigarette. Nothing special. A little harsh and not as smooth as advertised. But definitely a decent and different kind of flavor. I like 'em. They aren't too bad.

That concludes this review. Stick around for more in the future.

Stay lit!

8 comments:

  1. winston cigarettes have a nice sweet taste, swish and straightforward draw with the great flavor at the reasonable prices these are accessible.
    winston cigarettes

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lineament of your articles and listing is large.

    cheap cigarettes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the after taste, awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best smokes. Smooth, woodsy taste. Great after taste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you paying over $5 / pack of cigarettes? I'm buying high quality cigs at Duty Free Depot and I save over 50%.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had a pack around the summer of 2015. It's alright but I stick to Camel and Marlboro. btw E-cigs suck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeni Winston sigarası cok kötü sadece dışı değil içide kötü

    ReplyDelete
  8. This way my buddy Wesley Virgin's autobiography begins in this SHOCKING AND CONTROVERSIAL VIDEO.

    As a matter of fact, Wesley was in the military-and shortly after leaving-he found hidden, "MIND CONTROL" secrets that the government and others used to get whatever they want.

    These are the exact same methods lots of celebrities (notably those who "come out of nowhere") and elite business people used to become wealthy and successful.

    You probably know how you utilize only 10% of your brain.

    Mostly, that's because the majority of your brain's power is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Maybe this thought has even occurred INSIDE OF YOUR own head... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's head around 7 years back, while riding an unregistered, garbage bucket of a vehicle without a license and $3 on his debit card.

    "I'm so fed up with going through life check to check! When will I finally succeed?"

    You've been a part of those those types of thoughts, isn't it right?

    Your success story is going to be written. You just need to take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.

    CLICK HERE TO LEARN WESLEY'S METHOD

    ReplyDelete